“Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible’.” Audrey Hepburn
There are two types of pain, acute, which is short-term and chronic pain which is long-term in nature.
However when the patient experiences pain, they are advised to see a doctor, who will prescribe medication if needed.
Realignment Therapy complements Western medicine as it provides the tools for a patient to learn how to cope and reduce the sensations of pain in their physical body, to improve independence and manage their emotional state.
Conditions and illnesses that cause chronic pain include:
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Cluster headaches and migraines
- Sciatica and back pain
The side effects of chronic pain
- Tense physical body, with inability to relax
- Negative Thoughts, Stress, Anxiety and Depression (mood swings)
- Stigma that leads to shame and doubt
- The brain is programmed to be in pain
- Sleep problems
- Social isolation
A form of movement and exercise is needed, even though pain sometimes leads people to stay in bed all day. Through Realignment Therapy, gentle stretching exercises, manipulation and other pain relief exercises will be introduced gradually. Learning how to listen to our body is the key, as our body is very wise and has all the mechanisms to heal itself again.
The mind and the body are interconnected and the issues that may cause the pain might be psychosomatic. It is important for the person to identify through regression therapy when and why this started as the body remembers and if it is not addressed the body memories will persist.
Through Realignment Therapy:
- Stress will be reduced
- Exercises on how to relax will be given
- The client will be enhanced to implement mild exercise, healthy nutrition and balanced sleep patterns
- The fears around the perception of the pain and illness will change
- Proper energy management will be taught so that the client can allow their environment to support them
- The root of its cause will be revealed when the person is ready
How chronic pain will be treated depends on the individual, its intensity and its duration. However more frequent sessions are strongly suggested.
Realignment Therapy complements other therapeutic approaches like Glow Within or Acupuncture, which I would also suggest if needed.